Personal data we process
Ouwehands Zoo processes personal information about you because you have used our services and/or because you yourself have provided this information to us. Below is a breakdown of the personal data we process:
- First name and surname
- Date of birth
- City of birth
- Address information
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Other personal information that you actively provide, for example, by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence and by telephone
- Information about your activities on our website
- Data about your browsing behaviour across different websites (for example, because this business is part of an ad network)
- IP address
- Internet browser and device type
Special and/or sensitive personal data we process
It is not the intention of our website and/or service to collect data about website visitors younger than 16 years, unless they have permission from parents or guardians. However, we cannot verify if a visitor is over 16. We therefore advise parents to keep an eye on their children's online activities, so as to avoid data being collected about children without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information about a minor without that permission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will remove this information.
Why we need data
Ouwehands Zoo processes your personal information for the following purposes:
- Handling your payment
- Sending our newsletter and/or advertising folder
- In order to call you if this is necessary to carry out our services
- To inform you about changes to our services and products
- To give you the opportunity to create an account
- To deliver goods and services to you
- Ouwehands Zoo analyses your behaviour on the website to improve our website and tailor our products and services to your preferences
How long do we keep data?
Ouwehands Zoo will not keep your personal information any longer than strictly necessary to achieve the goals for which your data is collected. Our retention period(s) is (are) for an indefinite period.
Sharing with third parties
Ouwehands Zoo will not sell your data to third parties and will only provide it if it is necessary for the fulfilment of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation. With companies that process your data as per our request, we conclude a data processing agreement to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. Ouwehands Zoo remains responsible for these processes.
Mapping out website visits
Upon your first visit to our website, we already advised you about these cookies and requested your permission for their use.
You can switch off cookies by setting your browser to no longer save cookies. In addition, you can delete all information previously saved via your browser settings.
See table below for an explanation: https://veiliginternetten.nl/themes/situatie/cookies-wat-zijn-het-en-wat-doe-ik-ermee/
View, modify or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You can send a request for inspection, correction or removal to email@example.com. To ensure that the viewing request was made by you, we will ask you to send a copy of your ID along with the request. In this copy we will ask you to blacken your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and citizen service number (BSN). This is to protect your privacy. Ouwehands Zoo will respond to your request as soon as possible, but certainly within four weeks.
Ouwehands Zoo takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to counter abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised changes. If you feel that your data is not properly protected or there are indications of abuse, please contact our customer service or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Ouwehands Zoo has taken the following steps to protect your personal data:
- TLS (formerly SSL). We send your data via a secure internet connection. You can see this in the address bar "https" and the padlock in the address bar.
- DKIM, SPF and DMARC are three Internet standards that we use to prevent you from receiving emails in our name that contain viruses, are spam or are intended to acquire personal (login) data.